We know how awesome and intoxicating St. Patrick’s Day Festivities can be, especially in St. Louis! Whether you’re going out Friday night to the Irish Dinner, the run and parade on Saturday or to the Dogtown St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Tuesday, follow these tips to get home safely.
- Plan ahead! Make a reservation at a hotel nearby so you can take the elevator home – no driving required.
- If you’re not staying nearby, plan your route home:
- Check out the trip planning section of the Metrolink site, Trip Planner, and take the Metro home.
- Download the Uber app before you head out so you can call a ride from wherever you may end up.
- Rather take a cab? Download the Laclede Cab app to catch a taxi, but call early to make a reservation to cut down your wait time. Be sure to leave a generous tip as drivers will be working extra hard!
- Keep your final destination address in your phone, whether it’s the hotel you’ll be heading to or your house, this may be the easiest way to give your driver directions!
- Use the buddy system. Two heads are always better than one!
Reminder: Do not drink and drive. Buzzed driving is drunk driving. The extra effort to plan an alternate way home is much better than getting pulled over and arrested for drunk driving. There’s no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow!