Going Green at Moonrise Hotel
The Moonrise is proud to be one of the region’s leading eco-friendly hotels, making it possible for the eco-conscious guest to feel good about his or her stay and for all guests to leave smaller footprints.
Sustainability efforts at the Moonrise Hotel include:
- The sixty-foot solar canopy over the Rooftop Terrace Bar and the roof of the Rooftop Twilight Room, constructed of 107 glass solar panels, power the whole rooftop including the rotating moon, the popular outdoor bar and the indoor/outdoor Twilight Room.
- The solar panel roof, which is the first restaurant and hotel roof in America made entirely of solar panels, powers most of the floor below the rooftop and sometimes even covers the floor below that!
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station allows overnight hotel guests to re-charge their electric cars for free! (Overnight valet parking fees not included)
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Property-wide recycling program
- Composting for Eclipse Restaurant and the employee break room
- Glass crusher for the bottles from the bars to minimize space in the recycle bins
- Green Dining Alliance certified (Eclipse Restaurant)
- Cardboard recycling dumpster
- Limiting bottled water usage
Lending a Hand
- Donating leftover soap to be recycled as part of the Global Soap Project
- Donating leftover food to Operation Food Search
Think Globally, Act Locally
- Eclipse Restaurant menu features many locally-sourced, organic foods from nearby growers and farmers and places emphasis on seasonal ingredients
- Platinum Member of Ameren UE Pure Power, in support of renewable energy
- Sponsor of the annual Dog Days of Summer event held on the Rooftop Terrace with proceeds going to St. Louis Stray Rescue Association
- Participant in the annual Thirst for Life fundraiser benefiting Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS)
- Host of the annual Queens in Space event with proceeds going to the LGBT Community Center for Health