Here at the Moonrise Hotel, we love animals! As a pet-friendly hotel, we understand how much the four-legged members of your family mean to you. October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog month, and we can’t help but spread the news in hopes that deserving dogs can find a new home! Below are five stellar ways to celebrate National Adopt a Shelter Dog month:
1. Raise awareness! Share on social media to let others know what significance this month has and how they can help. Even if you can’t adopt, maybe one of your friends can!
2. Donate to a local shelter. Shelters can benefit not only from money, but they also rely heavily on donated supplies and volunteers’ time! Think what a difference you can make buy purchasing an extra bag of food or roll of paper towels. Check out this list of needed supplies from the Stray Rescue of St. Louis and find out how you can volunteer here.
3. Shop on AmazonSmile. It’s really easy to set up! Once you choose Stray Rescue of St. Louis as your charity of choice, they’ll receive a portion of the proceeds from your purchases. Get the full directions on how to set it up here.
4. Become a foster parent. Maybe you can’t take on a dog full-time, but you could be a temporary home for a companion animal until they find a forever home!
5. Of course, the best way to celebrate National Adopt a Shelter Dog month is to head to Stray Rescue of St. Louis and pick out a new family member! And don’t forget that four-legged members of the family are always welcome to stay with us.