There are lots of reasons to love staying on the moon, and of them is the toiletries. You heard that correctly—we’re talking about the shampoos, soaps and lotions you’ll find in your room at the Moonrise Hotel. They’re now more eco-friendly than ever, thanks to our partnership with Aveda!
We’ve just been approved to place Aveda’s amazing products in all of our rooms. Aveda products are not only packaged with eco-friendly wrappings, but are also sourced responsibly and ethically.
Aveda holds their partners to the same high environmental standards they set for themselves: “Aveda is committed to working with hotel and resort partners who share Aveda’s commitment to protecting the environment and caring for the world we live in.”
To be approved for Aveda products, hotels are required to meet these standards:
- Certification in a “green” or “eco” program such as Green Seal, Green Key, LEED, Energy Star, Green Globe (EarthCheck), ISO 14001 (International Environmental Certification)
- Property must be in excellent condition – recently updated and/or exceptionally well maintained – appealing to an upscale clientele with a high level of customer service
- Completion of Aveda’s Environmental Review by property management and verification of review by distributor sales team
We got bonus points too! Here’s why:
- We have a property-wide recycling program.
- We encourage guests to reuse their towel/sheets.
- Eclipse Restaurant uses locally grown produce.
- We have a fitness facility so you can keep up your workouts. (No excuses!)
- We’re committed to partnering with other local businesses and charitable organizations.
We can’t wait for you to stay with us and use the new Aveda products. Book your stay now.